Okay I think I just had my most memorable moment like twenty minutes ago. Tonight at church our topic was forgiveness. I thought, great I'm totally awesome at this. I always forgive people. However as we were talking I kept remembering something that happened in seventh grade.
I was having trouble with one of my friends. She was struggling with life in general and really trying to find her place to fit in. (I didn't really know that at the time; I figured it out since then.) Anyway she was lashing out at me (I think because I still was her friend and wouldn't let her alienate me because I knew she was going to need me someday) and doing some really mean stuff to me. It all really came to a head one day in Tech Ed. I was working on my bridge when she pulled a chair out from underneath me. I fell right on my tailbone and my doctor thinks that it actually compressed my spine a little bit. (it's all okay now but I had to go to a chiropractor to get it all worked out) I hurt so bad and I was crying really hard. She never even apologized for pulling out the chair.
Last year I thought I'd forgiven her even though I still hadn't confronted her about it. I just told myself that it was all okay and that I would just have to get over it since she'd never seemed like she'd felt any remorse at all. Tonight I realized that I hadn't really forgiven her yet and that it still hurt to think of it. I pretend that it's all okay when I talk to her like I do with most people and now I realize that I need to tell her how much it really hurt both physically and emotionally. It is going to be extremely hard to confront her about this issue because I've been trying to hide it and ignore it. I don't even know if she remembers it at all.
Even though I don't know what will happen I am very glad that I realized I'm still mad about this incident because now I can move on and try to forgive her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow that would have been a hard situation for me if i was in your place. But im happy you finally realized how you really felt about it!
pretty cool story anita, it is neat how a little introspection can spark these aha moments!
I think it's cool that you figured out what your friend's problem was. Although if it were me. I wouldn't hang out with that person anymore, if they nearly broke my back.
I thought long and hard about whether or not to stay friends with her but I decided that I should after about five months.
Post a Comment