Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What Causes Change?

I think that internal or external forces cause change. I changed my original answer of energy to this new one after talking with my mom. Internal and External forces pretty much means something inside you or outside you causes you to want to change. Say you were bored, you'd do something different that's interesting. A bird migrates south for the winter because external forces cause it to have to move. Things still need energy to cause change but things also need a reason to change. For example animals won't change it's diet or move to another area unless they can't find food or water.

5 comments:

Dominique is Amazing said...

i dont think that things necessarily need energy to change. an outside object will need energy to change that object but the object it is trying to change will not. but i think that only involves involuntary changes.

Ender said...

Yeah, I agree, but allow me to criticize. Your external forces are basically your surroundings, and those changing cause YOU to change. Right? And internal forces are caused by external surroundings not being fun, causing you to be bored. Dont think Im disagreeing, I am agreeing. But I think with my concieted, huge mind, that you may need to revise and or add to your answer.

Princess said...

I agree with this. Those two forces go hand in hand pretty much taking up any possibility of maybe excuse of reason for change. As for what dominique said we give off energy all the time without trying to. Even dead thins have some energy left in them.

Chelsey said...

i thought it was interesting how you said, " internal or external forces cause change" but what causes changes in thoes internal or external forces. is it possible that an external force has it's own external/internal force. For example you said, "A bird migrates south for the winter because external forces cause it to have to move" i think you were thinking of weather as the external force in this case but what causes that? is there an external force that causes weather if so it goes on forever and turns toward what others were saying about change causes change (joe-"For example wind, a change, causes trees to move, another change, this in turn may cause leaves to fall off of the tree and onto the ground, yet another change.", amy-"Everything that we do, no matter how insignificant or meaningless it seems causes a change somewhere else"). this probably has nothing to do with what you thought in the first place but it's just something to think about.

lalli pop said...

I agree tori. I think that external and internal forces can cause change. But i dont think those are the only factors. As you said i think it takes energythe environment and physical labor too maybe to cause change.

Mr. Voight's Physical Science Portal

Mr. Voight's Student Discussion Board