Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Why Do We Learn Science?

I think we learn science because it helps us understand our surroundings and what happens. I don't think most of us will NEED to know most of this stuff when we are adults (like the chemical compounds) but I enjoy learning about these things because it is interesting and it's always good to know more things.
I love science because there is so much room for imagination and it is better to understand things. If we go into a science career, many jobs these days, we will need to fully understand these concepts and will be glad we learned them so early. I agree with Madlyn on her point that if we didn't understand how things work, people would be in serious danger. If we didn't understand science we wouldn't have many of the modern conviences that we enjoy today. I also agree with Amanda on the fact that science is a basis for our society. It would be stupid to not teach science when it's such a big part of the way we function in our society.

2 comments:

Marcus_38_13 said...

I loved how you used imagination to help boost science...

people always say how science is just boring blah blah... but it really does open a whole new realm of existence!

Katie said...

I agree with you that science is important and I liked how you said that we probably won't need to know a lot of this when we are older. We will need to know basics but I agree that we won't need to know how chemical bonding works unless we are a science teacher or some sort of scientist.

Mr. Voight's Physical Science Portal

Mr. Voight's Student Discussion Board