Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Fav Chemical Reaction

I have to say my favorite chemical reaction is baking. I love to make the food and it tastes so good when it's all put together. I think it's so cool how you can put ingredients that don't taste good by themselves and create something that tastes so good. I found out that NaHCO3 + NaAl(SO4)2 + CaHPO3 + C6H10O5 is the chemical formula for baking powder. (here) I also found a website that shows how baking a cake is a good model for chemistry I couldn't find a formula for a cake on the whole but baking powder or baking soda (NaHCO3 + NH4Cl ) is in almost every recipe. If we couldn't bake things we wouldn't have sweet things and be able to enjoy them. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but it would make the world more depressing.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Good post!I liked how you took something that you really like to do and found a chemical reaction that fit with it.

Ender said...

Yeah, I agree with katie. It is cool that there is a chemical reaction pertaining to what you really enjoy.

Luke VanGeest said...

I really like baking powder because it helps me make three of my favorite things, Waffles, Pancakes, and Cake! haa no but seriously nice post, and good job with the equation was that really hard to find?

becca said...

Yum, that's a pretty good chemical reaction! Good post! You should take a look at Mandy's blog too, she has one similar to you.

Anita said...

The equation wasn't hard to find at all. I just typed in chemical formula for baking and the website came up.

Mr. Voight's Physical Science Portal

Mr. Voight's Student Discussion Board